It’s Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss our week of reading!
- Seven Sorcerers by Caro King – This is very much a middle-grade book, but WOW is it great! Wonderful mixture of realism and crazy fantasy – with some excellent illustrations to boot!
Finished this Week:
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – AMAZING! Seriously. Even if high fantasy isn’t your thing – please read this book!
- Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill – Loved it! Will no doubt end up writing a long-winded explanation about why I love the male lead, despite him being a complete douche.
Books I DNF:
- Nearly Departed by Rook Hasting – Starting out the book with a character who abuses his staffie that he bought for dog fighting? Not great. But even skipping that chapter, I just couldn’t enjoy this book. Alas.
Reviews posted this week:
- Betrayals by Lili St. Crow – Lili St. Crow can write depressed teenagers like none other!
- The Line by Teri Hall – Disappointing debut novel. But I will still be reading the sequel.
Up next on the TBR pile:
- Blood Soup by Kelly A. Harmon – Creepy name and a creepy cover – this novella looks like it is going to be fun!