In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we’ve been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven’t).
I had a stellar reading week! I don’t think I’ve ever read this many books in a single week. I think the lack of exams and the end of the television season gave me more free time than expected!
- The Hollow by Jessica Verday – I have had this on my shelf for ages now, but the Wicked Pretty Things scandal made me finally pick it up. I really want to like it because the author is awesome, but I am nervous that I won’t! We’ll see…
Finished this week:
- Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge – Fantastic UF! This had been sitting on my shelf for over a year, and boy am I glad that I finally got round to it. Check out my review here.
- Exile by Rebecca Lim – Really loved this book! Not quite as fierce as Mercy, but still wonderful and ethereal and just… guh. Read it in a single day.
- Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough – Is there a nice way to say mediocre?
- Pride by Rachel Vincent – I am so glad I pushed myself through the first two books in this series, because Pride was fierce. Really enjoyed it.
Up next from the TBR Pile:
- I have been thoroughly intimidated by the 800 page size of Game of Thrones, so I think I will wait for the weather to cool down before I start on that series. I kinda feel like revisiting some UF series I’ve neglected, and think I will start The Touch of Twilight by Vicki Pettersson next. I was less than impressed by the second novel in her Zodiac series, but maybe the third will be as great as the first was…
Your ghost host at Dead Book Darling
Kay's been blogging about urban fantasy, young adult and werewolves since 2009. She's a firm believer in the many uses of the towel, the science of deduction and other fandom in-jokes. To support her book-buying habit, Kay keeps up a day-job as a science journalist (so feel free to ask her about Physics).