In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and indulges bookish voyeurism by letting bloggers show off what books they’ve gotten in their mailbox.
So, I got booooooks this week. Finally!
- Cheat the Grave and The Neon Graveyard by Vicki Pettersson – These are the final two books in the Zodiac series – and I’m afraid I had to go out and get the horrid US covers. I would have gotten the UK ones… if they existed.
- Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances (Trisha Telep) – OK, yes this editor has gotten a whole lot of heat lately. And I completely and utterly understand (and agree) with that. But this anthology features a bunch of my very favourite authors (including some that pulled out of other anthologies because of Telep), so they are the ones I am reading for. I’m talking about Ann Aguirre, Maria V. Snyder, and Caitlin Kittredge (among others, of course).
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles – WHOOT!
- Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin – This is a vampire novel written by a living legend in fantasy… and it is set on a riverboat. What more can you possibly ask for?
- Chime by Franny Billingsley – When I had first heard about this book, I hadn’t been at all interested. Not only little bit. And then my twitter lit up with comments about it (then amazon had it on sale for £3.50), and suddenly I found myself looking forward to getting my hands on it.
And that’s all! What did you get in your mailbox?