I had a really tough summer and because of it I am super behind on my reading. But, in order to spite my illness, I really want finish my Goodreads challenge! I have never finished a Goodreads challenge – alas. But this year I am determined to catch up! Because, dammit, my eyes are not going to control my life! BUT, in order to get this done, I am going to have to read 28 books before the year’s end. I know. Really, Kay? 28 books in 2 months? What are you on? *inserts appropriate gif*
But I have to try. For some reason, it is really important for me to make it to 52 books this year… and it’s not like reading isn’t a joy, so I am going to indulge.
Anyhow, here’s what I have lined up on my TBR pile. I am going to have to add a few additional books, but I am leaving a few blank spots in case I change my mind or in case I buy something before the end of the month that I have to read!
- The Big Time by Fritz Leiber and Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- These two I chose purely for length: they are short! Hopefully that will mean easy to read, though it doesn’t always.
- Charming by Elliott James
- World After by Susan Ee
- Fade by Lisa McMann
- Yup, I’ve never finished the Wake trilogy! Finally I can find out why everyone complained about the third book!
- Bite Club by Rachel Caine
- With the final Morganville book coming out this month, I want to catch up on this series I once adored.
- Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead
- It’s been over a year since I read the third Succubus book: long enough for me to get past the emotional fall-out! (Though, no, I haven’t forgiven Seth.)
- Gone by Lisa McMann
- Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- The final book in the trilogy, Horde, came out this month. So, next month it will be on my TBR pile!
I also have a feeling that Katie McGarry will be featuring very heavily this month. I am just completely addicted to her Pushing the Limits series. It is really, really, really good.
Anyhow, wish me luck people!