So, this is probably going to be my last 2011 challenge. I didn’t do such a great job with my challenges last year (I did rather terribly, actually), so this year I am going for a “less is more” approach. But I wanted to join a challenge which would actually challenge me. The Off the Shelf and 2012 Debut Author challenges both have me reading books I probably would have read anyways – but I thought that an A-Z challenge might get me to pick up books that would have stayed on the shelf.
Not to mention Book Junky is including a bunch of giveaways along with the challenge! Always a good incentive. The plan is to read 26 books in 2011 with titles that go through the alphabet. You can sign up for the challenge here!
Obviously, there are quite a few gaps in this! I especially need something to fill V, X and Z – as all I have for V right now is Vanity Fair… which is a bit too much of a challenge for me!
So here’s my planned A-Z list:
- A – Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
- B – Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin Mckinley
- C – Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- D – Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- E – Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- F – Firmin: Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife by Sam Savage
- G – Green-Eyed Demon by Jaye Wells
- H – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- I – Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan
- J –
- K –
- L – Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
- M – Moloka’i by Alan Brennert
- N – Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow
- O – Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
- P – Pride by Rachel Vincent
- Q –
- R – Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- S – Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
- T – Temeraire by Naomi Novik
- U –
- V –
- W – Wake by Lisa McMann
- X – 13 to Life by Shannon Delany (Ok, so X is 10 in roman numerals… plus 3 is 13. It counts, dammit.)
- Y –
- Z –
19/26 books read!