In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we’ve been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven’t).
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch – This book is fabulous. Very tongue-in-cheek, and has a gorgeous cover (seriously, it’s stunning – but the US is friggin’ scary). Can’t wait to review this one.
- Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik – I never start sequels straight after reading the first book. Never ever – I like to hoard the books I know are going to be fantastic for a rainy day. But not this time! I just had to know what was happening to Temeraire!
Read over the last two weeks:
- The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu – Unfortunately, this one was not to my taste. Liu can craft a gorgeous sentence, but the plot was all over the place.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – ADORED. And reviewed!
- Temeraire by Naomi Novik – Again, this was fantastic. Loved it so much I went out an immediately bought the sequel…
I’ve been taking part in the TBR New Authors mini-challenge this last month and, as is the case during every Literary Escapism challenge, I’ve discovered some fantastic authors sitting on my shelves!