Er, hi there. Welcome to Dead Book Darling – I’m Kay, a rather fanatical book lover, and I’ll be your host.* I dislike lengthy biographies, so I’ve made you a lovely series of easy-to-read lists. Enjoy.
Dead Book Darling is:
- A book blog (and only a book blog) featuring reviews, news and other literary tid-bits that may be of interest.
- A venue for all opinions. If you disagree with a review of mine, tell me about it. If you agree, let me know why! (Just try to be polite about it – haters are creepy.)
- Run by me, me and only me. All the opinions expressed in this blog are my own, unless stated otherwise.
- A Cision Top 10 Teen Literature Blog (2010 and 2011). No idea what that means exactly, but I’m rather proud nonetheless.
Dead Book Darling is not:
- A Kelley Armstrong fanpage despite often being mistaken for one.
- A place where you’ll find pictures of me – I find that kinda creepy.
- Run by vampires, demons or zombies (although we do get the occasional werewolf).
Five things related to my reading habits:
- I dislike it when people judge a book by its genre. All books are born equal.
- I pride myself on writing honest reviews and think it’s essential to highlight the positive, the negative, and the mediocre.
- The more I read, the more I blog. When I’m not blogging, that means I’m probably not reading.
- If a book is set in or around World War II, I probably won’t want to read it. Same goes for anything related to King Arthur or Henry VIII. The market is just over-saturated on all these fronts…
- Book covers are important – don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Five things unrelated to my reading habits:
- I’m a vegetarian with vegan ambitions. If you are interested in more information about the health benefits of a vegetarian diet, visit the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine website.
- I believe we are ethically required to treat our planet with respect – the third rock from the Sun is the only home we have!
- I’m a catholic-born atheist who does not like talking about “belief”. If you’ve got faith, good for you. Just don’t talk to me about it.
- Traveling is my thing. If you are ever confused about “where I’m from”, this would be why.
- Writing (non-fiction) is my day-job – which makes me really, really lucky.
Books for Review / Disclaimer (aka Bias and Other Reasons Not to Trust Me)
I accept review books and you can read my Policies for more info about that. In short, if I read a review book and don’t like it, my review will say as much. I will – on occasion – host an author for a guest post or interview. Unless I explicitly state that I have received a book from the publisher, you can assume I purchased it with my own money. I am not a member of Amazon Associates or any other benefits group and receive no remuneration for my reviews.
Book Covers – Google-fu and Fantastic Fiction tend to be my main sources for book covers. Occasionally I use covers straight from a Publisher’s website/catalog. Some people are iffy about using covers from a Publisher catalog, but I take the “if it’s online, it’s public” opinion (unless it’s been put out without author/publisher approval).
Image credit – Check the image caption for the source: it will either be a photo taken by me or it will be credited with permission of the photographer. Otherwise it is a royalty-free stock photo.
Miss the old layouts?
So do I.
* Your ghost-host.