Kristi over at The Story Siren
is hosting an amazing challenge next year – the YA Debut Author Challenge. It is going to be super interactive: with lots of reviews, competitions and discussions. I was reluctant to join a challenge that would require me buying even MORE books to add to my groaning shelves, but this one just looks to fun to resist!
The objective is to read at least 12 YA books from debut authors published next year. You can sign up for the challenge here
, but make sure to read through the guidelines before you do!
Here is my read list, according to release dates!
I have also created a Debut Author tag over on LibraryThing
for the books that I am definitely getting/have already bought! Since I use LibraryThing to rate my books and keep track of my reading – it is there that you will find all my ratings for the Debut Author Challenge.
As I am still considering which books I will be getting for this challenge, I have also made a Debut Author Shelf over on Goodreads for a bunch of authors that I am still considering on buying. (These are just the ones that look great to me – there is a much bigger list already on GoodReads!)
31/12/2010 – Nine out or twelve debut novels read in 2010. Not too bad, but I didn’t meet the challenge – there’s always next year!
There are a lot of challenges starting up for 2010 – but this is the one I am most excited about!
Starting January 1, 2010, we’ll be reading one book from the series (including The Hobbit) each month with a goal of finishing all four books in April. We’ll be taking turns hosting the readalong, so you can follow our intrepid fellowship of readers around the blogosphere. Here’s where you’ll find us each month:
I have only read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring – and that was years ago. I had a lot of trouble getting into the rest of the books – despite a fierce desire to! The films are some of my all-time favourite (I consider them “comfort films” as they never fail to cheer me up!) but the books have always seemed rather inpenetrable. Hopefully this challenge will help me get through them!
Sign up over on Shelf Love to join in the action!
I have decided to join my first reading challenge in a looooong time – J. Kaye’s 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge. I took up reading a lot more YA books this year and have every intention to read more! For now I am going to stick to the “Just My Size YA Reading Challenge” which means reading 25 YA books next year. Check out the link in the image to join yourself.
ETA: Decided to up my reading plan to 25 books, as I am also taking part in the Debut YA Author Challenge. So along with those books (12), here is my preliminary list for 2010 YA Reading:
(Books in Bold have been read!)
- Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
- Betrayals by Lili St. Crow
- Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Frostbitten by Richelle Mead
- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
- Need by Carrie Jones
- Captivate by Carrie Jones
- Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
- Linger by Maggie Steifvater
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
- Fade Out by Rachel Caine
- Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
- Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast
- The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
- Firespell by Chloe Neill – 2010 Debut Author!
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Hearts at Stake aka My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey – 2010 Debut Author!
- Beating Heart by A. M. Jenkins
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- Ondine by Ebony McKenna – 2010 Debut Author!
- The Line by Teri Hall – 2010 Debut Author!
- Old Magic by Marianne Curley
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
- Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- TimeRiders by Alex Scarrow – 2010 Debut Author!
- The Devil’s Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
- Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
- Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson – 2010 Debut Author!
- Stargazer by Claudia Gray
- Dark Life by Kat Falls – 2010 Debut Author!
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting – 2010 Debut Author!
31/12/2010 – Challenge complete! I read 37 YA books this year, which even I am rather impressed by. Some of them were beyond fantastic – others less so…