This month’s bounty is being held by pirate!Winnie the Pooh!
Last year, I wrote a rather long post about how blogging can overwhelm me out sometimes. I get review books and, instead of being excited about them, I feel horrifically guilty because I know I probably won’t get to read most of them. So this month, I am going to only tackle that guilt head on and only read books I received for review!
Loads of these books have already come out (one on the pile came out in 2011), but they are all ones I’ve really, really wanted to read:
When between books, I continue to work on A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin – which I will finish one day, dammit!
This month, I have quite a few books I “have” to read – for blog tours and author meetings and whatnot:
- Last Chance by Sarah Dessen – This book kicks off my YA Contemporary Challenge (though, being half way through it, I have noticed that the writing is a bit dated).
- Professor Moriarty: The Hound of the D’Urbervilles by Kim Newman – I will be meeting Kim next weekend and really want to have read his book before I do.
- The Holders by Julianna Scott (kindle) – I’ll be part of the blog tour for Julianna’s book next month, so need to read it ASAP!
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin – I’ve decided to finally finish this mammoth book this month. I’ve read half of it, and plan to do a readalong-with-the-show in order to get through the second half.
- The “maybe” book: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead – Again I’m half way through this and really want it done with already!
And… that’s all! I’m not putting too many books on my reading pile, as I am swamped with work as is. If you’ve read any of these – or if you are really looking for a review for one – let me know!