I’ve decided to embrace the Christmas spirit this year, and have signed up for the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge hosted by The True Book Addict. It sounds like quite a bit of fun, and gives me an excuse to buy some books that have been sitting on my wishlist for a couple of years!
- challenge will run from Friday, November 22, 2013 through Monday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time…a children’s Christmas books level!
I am going for the Mistletoe level (2-4 books) and for Fa La La La Films (watching Christmas movies – which I usually do anyhow!). I am also taking part in the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon this weekend (Friday, November 22 through Sunday, November 24).
My Christmas to-tackle list:
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
- Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
I started the Sherlock Holmes’ novel The Sign of the Four on Saturday. Perfect wintery novel… I always think Victorian-setting novels make for the best snowed-in reads. Just add candlelight et voila!
On Sunday, I mostly read Rick Yancy’s The 5th Wave. I said to myself, “As God is my witness, I am going to FINISH this BLOODY BOOK.” And behold, I succeeded. Yay!