It’s Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event now hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss our week of reading!
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski – 275 pages in and I am giving up. Even though I enjoyed the first 150-so pages quite a bit, I did not sign up for a re-telling of Hamlet. I feel rather cheated. (Oh, and a lot of the opinions about dogs in this? Kinda bizarre.)
Finished this week:
- Ill Wind by Rachel Caine – Quite enjoyed, and have a feeling the sequel will be even better.
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner – BLAH. I know this book is worshipped by most YA bloggers, but I really couldn’t see the attraction. It felt like a bad Indiana Jones rip-off… *hides*
- Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles – Bloody brilliant. I read this in a single go and adored it. I thought it was so much better than Perfect Chemistry (which I enjoyed) and totally rec it for YA fans!
Up next from the TBR pile:
- Captivate by Carrie Jones
Your ghost host at Dead Book Darling
Kay's been blogging about urban fantasy, young adult and werewolves since 2009. She's a firm believer in the many uses of the towel, the science of deduction and other fandom in-jokes. To support her book-buying habit, Kay keeps up a day-job as a science journalist (so feel free to ask her about Physics).