In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we’ve been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven’t).
So, I’m back! I got dreadfully ill just in time for my exams, and now that they’re over (and my illness has faded) I am back and swinging. I am super excited to start reading full-time (you know what I mean) and have already made my way through a few books.
- Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge – Really enjoying this one! I think I’m loving this book the way everyone else loved Unholy Ghosts (which, er, I couldn’t finish). The hero is such a bad catch and the heroine is stupidly violent, and yet… fabulousness ensues.
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson – I thouroughly enjoyed the first 50 pages of this book, but now I just want the Major shot through the head. Not sure I’ll be finishing this one.
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch – I finished this before my exams and – unfortunately – it was unnecessary work. Wish I had enjoyed it, but I didn’t really… here’s my review.
- Brother/Sister by Sean Olin – This was excellent! I am not usually one for contemporary YA – let alone thrillers – but Brother/Sister made me a believer. Looking forward to writing this review!
Up next from the TBR Pile:
- I have SO much on my TBR pile, I don’t know where to start! I recently got the Game of Thrones box set and am really tempted to start in on it… but then there is the Hunger Games Trilogy (which OMG, why did I wait so long to start that series??) And then there is Bite Club by Rachel Caine, Jealousy by Lili St. Crow, Exile by Rebecca Lim… hmm, Exile. Yes, I think I shall be starting that next!
Your ghost host at Dead Book Darling
Kay's been blogging about urban fantasy, young adult and werewolves since 2009. She's a firm believer in the many uses of the towel, the science of deduction and other fandom in-jokes. To support her book-buying habit, Kay keeps up a day-job as a science journalist (so feel free to ask her about Physics).