In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and explores the content of your mailbox.
I got some fantastic books over the past couple of weeks – books that I have been longing for since… well, it feels like since the dawn of time, so you understand my excitement.
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead – I ordered the US hardback of this book because I really wanted the face!covers. I was rather floored by how gigantic this book is – if wielded as a weapon, it could do some serious damage!
- Pure Blood by Caitlin Kittredge – I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and so took the initiative to actually buy the next book in the series.
- Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver – Received for review from Hodder & Stoughton – Yay! The new Lauren Oliver book! Hodder also sent along a lovely cut-out puppet thingy. Can’t wait to read this!
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater – OH MY YAY!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Received for review from Hodder & Stoughton – I read this and absolutely ADORED it. Absolutely everything I could ever hope for and just… yeah, fantastic.
- Our Lady of Darkness by Fritz Leiber – This was a gift from my mother. She used to be very good buds with Fritz and really thinks I’ll love his books. Looking forward to reading it!
- Hunter’s Prayer by Lilith Saintcrow – I wasn’t over the moon about the first book in this series, but in Lilith I trust.
- Crypt: The Gallows Curse by Andrew Hammond – Received for review from Headline
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver – Received from Hodder & Stoughton – This is the new UK paperback of Delirium (read my review here), and while I’m not in love with the cover the book is fantastic!
- Shady Lady by Ann Aguirre – I haven’t started this particular series yet, but in Ann Aguirre I trust.
- A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin – MY MOTHER IS AWESOME AND GOT ME A SIGNED COPY OF THIS! I wish I had proper pictures of this to show you… but you’ll just have to take me for my word!