In this weekly event hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World Of Books where we discuss what we’ve been reading this week (and, occasionally, what we haven’t).
Arg! Today be the International Talk Like a Pirate Day! So make aye you speak like t’worst pirate around!
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett -Yep, I’m still reading this. While I have serious problems with any mention of animal testing, it is still an Ann Patchett book. So yes, I am loving it. But not as much as her other novels!
- The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien – Does anyone remember how I participated in the LotR Readalong last year? Well, I made it through The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, but I never finished any of the other books. But I’m working on it now!
Finished this week:
- Beastly by Alex Finn – The only thing that saves this book is the fact that it is a re-telling of one of my favourite tales. Other than that, I can’t say I’d run out to get it…
- 13 to Life by Shannon Delany – This book is an extremely disjointed, but unexpectedly entertaining, werewolf version of Twilight. Reviewing it will be tough!
Up next from the TBR pile:
- I really just need to finish the books that I am reading! That is my GOAL.