In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie) and indulges bookish voyeurism by letting bloggers show off what books they’ve gotten in their mailbox.
I had an EPIC week. For starters, I finally got to pick up some post which had been mounting up – I received a bunch of books for review that I honestly wasn’t expecting! Then I hit the bookstores: Foyles and Forbidden Planet (BTW, apparently they do 10% student discounts… who knew?) didn’t even see me coming! It has been a long while since I’ve let myself loose at a bookstore!
- Rampant by Diana Peterfreund – Killer unicorns!!
- Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler – Signed! UK edition! Awesome!
- Pegasus by Robin McKinley – Signed! Gorgeousness!
- Heist Society by Ally Carter – Signed! Adorableness!
- The Big Time by Fritz Leiber – This was a gift from my mother. ♥
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – Another gift from my lovely lovely mother. ♥
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan – I got this at half price at Forbidden Planet – yay.
- Federations: Anthology edited by John Joseph Adams – This is a great sci-fi anthology based around Star Trek-type Federations. Right up my alley.
- Esperanza by Trish J. MacGregor – I featured this on a WoW post a bazillion years ago and seeing it in real life? So exciting.
- Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions – Anthology edited by Kelley Armstrong and Melissa Marr – OMG this includes a Darkest Powers story. CAN. NOT. WAIT.
- Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling – This should be awesome. I was so happy to see this at Forbidden Planet (as it seems like a bit of a niche book)
- Mist by Kathryn James – This cover is just stunning. It’s shiny and multicoloured and fab!
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – The graphic novel! It’s gorgeous!
- The Rift Walker by Clay and Susan Griffith – This is supposed to be a fantastic series and I can’t wait to start it!
- Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver – This is the gorgeous hardcover… it really is stunning in real life.
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – Yay! The new Richelle series!
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith – This was adorably packaged and I really really cannot wait to read this!
- Pure by Julianna Baggott – I am reading this right now and absolutely adore it. Love Love LOVE.
And then there were a few books that I didn’t get to take a picture of – but am still super excited about:
- Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick – Preeeetty cover (and, hopefully, an awesome book)!
- Stealing Pheonix by Joss Stirling – Joss is supposed to be absolutely brilliant, so I am really looking forward to it!
- Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan – I’m not so keen on the UK cover, but absolutely cannot wait to read this!
- Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen – For Review! This is in Anna’s 1920s YA series.
I also have two lovely signed copies of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (thank you Hodder for giving me a chance to meet her!). And…. I will be giving one away! I’ll be posting more details about the competition asap. In the mean time, take a look at their shiny, gorgeousness!
*wipes brow* Well, that was exhausting but satisfying. I’m looking forward to seeing what you got in your mailbox!